Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hull (Hedon)
- Full time; Permanent
You will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations of the accounts payable function and confirmation of trades and capacity sales. You will receive and process all vendor invoices and credit notes, ensuring compliance to CSL processes, procedures and systems, and comply with agreed payment terms supporting good vendor relationship.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes
- Assist in the receipt and recording of all supplier invoices and credit notes
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure completeness and accuracy of records
- Management of petty cash
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Working closely with Budget holders to support and assist them in ensuring that invoices are paid in accordance with negotiated supplier terms and conditions
- Liaising with the Procurement team to monitor open Purchase Orders
- Preparation of the monthly VAT reconciliation
- Daily trade and capacity sales confirmations
- Reconciliation of trades and capacity sales
You will have strong customer service skills to enable you to deal with daily contact with budget holders to resolve issues and you will be an excellent team player in order to collaborate with the wider finance team for reporting and resolving issues. In addition you will have:
- Knowledge and competence in accounts payable processes and procedures
- Ideally experienced in general accounting/finance processes and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Finance computer applications (experience with SAP an advantage)
- Knowledge of Excel is essential
- Accurate data entry and management
- An eye for detail and the ability to work under your own initiative
- A team player with a flexible attitude and good communication skills
- Capable of planning own work to achieve deadlines and objectives
Salary - Competitive
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies