Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hull
- Full time; Permanent
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a Materials Controller to support the Materials & Logistics needs of the business from a cost control, stock management and logistics efficiency perspective. You’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and maintaining control and accuracy over all goods inventories. This includes all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, issuing and shipping.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Conduct and improve forecasting activities and methods in order to maintain effective inventory levels
- Analyses pertinent data such as usage history, lead times, inventory, safety critical analysis, etc, in order to maintain established operational readiness metrics
- Develops and maintains documentation and procedures for demand planning processes and systems to ensure that material needs and requirements are effectively met
- Prepares and reports forecast and inventory measurement to communicate it to CSL management
- Provides Lead Time (LT) analysis and recommends forecasted material ordering based on Operations & Maintenance plans in order to ensure timely availability of material requirements
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with wider business and Logistics suppliers
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimise value
- Follow HS&E procedures and instructions
To be great in this role you will have significant experience in management of materials and sourcing within a suitably comparative environment. In addition you will have:
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems – preferably SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills
- Be a strong & genuine team player
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Materials Controller R9922870’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.