Digital Communications Manager
As part of the Corporate Affairs global digital comms team, the individual will be responsible for improving reputation of our brands by actively managing key channels and campaigns targeted at key stakeholders and influencers.
The key responsibility of the role is to manage Centrica.com and ensure that it remains a top FTSE 350 website. In addition, the individual will play a key role in supporting the team on developing and distributing (key stakeholder) campaigns (for different brands) and reactively dealing with reputational issues.
The individual will need to work seamlessly across the matrix team to deliver digital comms plans (and the associated objectives) in a timely manner. The ultimate objective is to enhance the reputation of the business and to drive a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
As is the nature with many comms roles, there will be an occasional need to be on call out of hours in case issues occur.
- Management and development of Centrica.com, ensuring that it remains a top 10 FTSE corporate website
- Delivery of the online Annual Report and financial results web content
- Ensuring that the information on the website is accurate and meets the needs of our secretariat and legal teams
- Active management of the digital content calendar to ensure that it is aligned to the objectives and needs of the business
- To execute communications to key audiences through digital comms channels and to ensure that proactive and reactive engagement is delivered in a timely and effective manner
- Development and targeted distribution (paid and organic) of digital content to support key corporate announcement and campaigns
- Effective management of digital comms budget, ensuring that the department spends +/- 5% to budget
- As a digital comms professional, experience of social media campaigns, content marketing, website management, user experience, paid social campaigns and SEO are all desirable
- A strong communicator, with the ability to write and develop impactful content with a strong narrative that is appropriate for the audience
- Ability to analyse and understand user website behaviour in order to identify and deliver optimisation initiatives
- An individual with an eye for design and creativity with regard to content and comms is desirable
- Excellent judgement and a proactive mind set
- Degree qualified a distinct advantage
- 2+ years’ experience of working in a digital communications or related discipline
- Experience of working with content management systems and optimising digital content
- Experience of working in a PR team or press office environment would be desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Digital Communications Manager R9922147 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.