Reporting to the field foreman, you will be responsible for day to day production, operating activities and field maintenance for combinations of oil and gas wells or battery and gas compression facilities for Centrica Exploration & Production Canada (CE&P). You will ensure contractors conduct their operational activities in compliance with CE&P standards, programs and government regulations.
You will support the foreman and liaise with departments including health and safety, auditors, drilling, completions, lease construction, facilities construction, environmental, land and other stakeholders such as regulators, producers, processors and landowners.
This position is based out of the Rocky Mountain House, AB area in the Ferrier field.
- Assist the Lead Operator in managing the day to day operations of the facilities
- Support safe operations by participating in Audits, Inspections and associated Corrective Actions
- Ensure equipment, facilities and wells are maintained by completing minor maintenance or by initiating repairs through the use of an electronic Maintenance Management system
- Issue Safe Work Permits and prepare equipment for maintenance in compliance with all CE&P’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily equipment logs, records, production readings and all electronic reporting formats
- Support a culture of accountability by demonstrating and upholding all of CE&P’s Rules, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Support a culture of accountability
- Demonstrate and uphold all of CE&P’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the operation of company assets
- Junior to Intermediate level of experience as a Production Operator
- High school diploma
- Proven ability to lead others and high safety standards
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG
- Excellent understanding of upstream operations, equipment and terminology
- Ability to shift priorities and focus to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Field Operator R9922808’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.