Senior Strategic Value Modelling Manager
Senior Strategic Value Modelling Manager
Salary; Competitive + bonus & benefits
Staines (TW18 3BY)
Reporting to the Head of Insight & Analytics, you’ll be responsible for the strategic approach to customer value modelling and the usage of the models within UK Home. By setting the parameters, direction and best practice for customer value modelling and development/maintenance of new value models, and agreeing the usage and outputs for implementation across UK Home. Delivering a 360 degree view of value across all customers and ensure consistent application of value modelling, analysis, and insight methodologies, working closely with the Customer Value Management (CVM) Strategy team.
What will you be up to
- Overall design and development of the value model and usage strategy working with key stakeholders across UKES&S, particularly the CVM Strategy Insight team
- Leverage the power of our Hadoop data lake to enhance data feeding the customer value models and being a key stakeholder in its advancement and relevance to the customer value agenda
- Drive maximum use of the existing suite of customer value models, whilst identifying and implementing ways to improve how we evaluate customer value.
- Continually improve a dynamic reporting hub and lead the business understanding of customer value and how to use it
- Integrate new value streams / business change into our understanding of customer value and provide Insight on potential value growth opportunities
- Provide support and direction for business questions related to customer value
- Provide Insight & Analysis to strengthen new customer value management activities (e.g.: Next Best Action, Optimisation of Sales & Marketing)
- Develop our relationships with third party experts in customer value management, building best practice for UK Home customer value analytics
- Deliver high quality of work under tight time scales
- Applying a detailed knowledge of customer lifecycle and commercial drivers you will provide insight into the performance and likely outcome across the business as well as recommendations on future actions to drive improvements in customer value.
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across organisations, with ability to engage executive level staff, influence the business, and present intelligent business strategy
- Expertise in the delivery of actionable customer and commercial analytics ideally gained in the area of Customer Value / Business Optimisation or are relevant and transferable to the understanding of the drivers of Customer Value
- Experience of the creation of business models and long range business forecasts
- Strong analytical background in complex businesses/organisations
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across organisations
- Strong experience of SAS/SQL and ability to use it
- A knowledge of visualisation tools such as Microsoft BI or Qlik tech
- Knowledge of data storage solutions (preference in Hadoop) and data management principles
- Able to translate complex end to end analytical projects into executable commercial opportunities
- Confidence and able to engage with executive level staff, influence the business, and present data driven business strategy recommendations
- Able to demonstrate proven delivery of successful projects as well as presenting and translating into real business insights
- Enable delivery to time, cost, quality, in line with key objectives and expected business benefit
- The ability to lead strong virtual teams
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Senior Strategic Value Modelling Manager R9916059’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.