Bid Writer – Based Salford
Basic £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience + benefits
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Bid Writer to join our ENER-G business in Salford, Manchester. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries.
We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
To support the activity of CHP Sales across third party, direct and public sector customers through the provision of a professional bid writing and proposal support service.
Working within a busy and expanding team the Bid Writer will be responsible for consulting with the Sales, Bid and Engineering teams create persuasive bid and sales documentation.
Accountabilities will include:
- Develop relationships with the Direct, Partner and the Centrica Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) sales teams and develop a comprehensive understanding of each team’s remit
- Develop relationships and understanding of the wider British Gas and Centrica Energy solutions in order to integrate these effectively within proposals
- To assist the Sales and Tendering Manager / team with the generation of revenue via the production of high quality customer focussed, compelling tenders and propositions, with contract values ranging from £50,000 to £10+ million
- Provide administrative support to the Sales and Tendering Manager / team with regards to updating, maintaining and contributing to the Bid Library
- Assist sales managers/BDM's in finding bid response information
- Build internal and external relationships with individuals associated with the bid process in order to assist in the creation of quality bids, proposals and PQQs
- Collect content via multiple sources (subject matter experts) including energy supply, DE&P, sales, technical, commercial, finance, HS&E and legal) to ensure comprehensive tender responses are developed
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders
- Complete and submit bids (formatting, uploading/printing/despatch) to client timescales
- Take an active role in the development of propositions specifications to ensure requirements are captured precisely
We are seeking candidates who have experience of bid writing and coordination with a sound knowledge of the bidding process. Experience of the energy industry would be ideal but not essential. We are also looking for the following competencies:
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent writing / presentation skills; able to write both creatively and logically to produce quality and compelling bid documents
- Good team worker, reliable and able to rapidly establish a high degree of trust, rapport and gain co-operation from the bid team
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within own workload effectively
- Strong attention to detail; maintaining high standards for delivery, quality and accuracy
- Experience of project management
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Bid Writer R9916867’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.