HSE Data Analyst & Insights Manager
- Partner with stakeholders to manage and enhance our HSE analytics capability and insight
- Lead on the development and delivery of HSE related data and insights to support the team and our stakeholders in understanding performance and opportunities, helping shape our HSE priorities
- Interrogate and evaluate data, identifying underlying issues/root causes, translating this into tangible recommendations, working with stakeholders to deploy and embed improvements.
Location: Home Based with regular travel
Safety Compliance & Conduct
- Promote and instil safe and best practice working practices and behaviours within the businesses, ensuring the well being of all employees and contractors and the safety of our customers. Customer Outcomes
- Provide key stakeholders with information on our performance in safe working practices in customer homes, raising awareness of areas of focus.
- Manipulate data from systems to analyse and provide insight to the HSE team and their stakeholders
- Provide logical and well articulated recommendations to improve performance, effectively communicating findings to stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Lead on any data and insight requirements for HSE related activities
- Conduct route cause analysis providing expert advice and insight to drive the business forward
- Identify areas for continual process improvement
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
People and Leadership
- Adhere to FCA obligations and best practice including - Ensure the team understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role and, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed
- Apply British Gas values in all day-to-day activities.
- Responsibility for mitigating risks which could have a financial implication, and setting and measuring return on investment from people focussed activities and projects.
- Interaction and liaison between HSE and Field Colleagues in pursuit of efficient and effective service delivery to deliver great customer experiences.
- Self-awareness/Personal Development Orientation
- Confidence and creditability with the ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues.
- Impact and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise deliverables and plan accordingly.
- Ability to manage change and capacity to work flexibly.
- Working knowledge of myHSES and other data management tools used.
- Detailed knowledge of global HSES reporting, data privacy, and legal privilege requirements.
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, Understanding Centrica, Understanding our Customers.
- Analytical ability – short term strategic thinking.
- HND (numerate/business management)
- Recognized health & Safety, Environment or qualification (NVQ level 3 – examples: NEBOSH Certificate (or willing to work towards)
- IRCA Internal Auditor trained (or equivalent)
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of good safety practice and duty of care requirements.
- Understand good housekeeping for data protection and information security requirements.
- Technically competent
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business and operations’ key performance indicators.
- Data management and reporting experience, preferably HSES in energy supply/oil & Gas environment
- Designed and implemented solutions for data reporting and analysis •Awareness of SQL, ASP.net, and C#/vb.net
- Knowledge of using complex data structures
- Experience in the use of data and reporting quality control measures Certifications
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: HSE Data Analyst & Insights Manager R9918390’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.