Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer reports to the Snr Maintenance Lead (Offshore), they support the offshore assets providing front line Pressure Systems & Structural engineering support to the asset with the aim of executing effective inspection and repair activities
- Act as focal point for troubleshooting of pressure systems / structural integrity issues
- Day to day management & oversight of 3rd party inspection services ensuring delivery of the inspection plan
- Support the single IRM lead with the Subsea Inspection Repair & MaintenanceEnsure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within/below budget.
- Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
- Engage and participate in any operational improvement process (HAZOPS / HAZIDS) to optimize discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
- Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
- Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk. Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with Centrica's values at all times.
- Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application
- Ideally degree qualified, chartered in Mechanical, Materials or other appropriate Engineering subject. Would accept and incorporated engineer with appropriate experience.
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations.
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer R9922622’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.