Salary: Competitive with £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits.
- To lead, inspire and engage a team of Team Leaders in delivering industry leading customer service to increase the profitability of the business and to drive a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- To contribute to, and implement, the sales unit strategy.
- Drive a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed
- Build a high performance team culture that is focused on achieving service excellence in line with our Customer Operations vision - use customer insight to deliver loyalty and enhance the service proposition
- Grow the business by delivering an increase in sales by optimising conversion rates and maximising value for the business from outbound leads whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
- Drive sales and lead generation growth across teams to at least meet targets
- Ensure that standards of service are met and business strategy is implemented to deliver all scorecard metrics (including KPIs such as ASA, abandon rates, grade of service, AHT, NPS, sales, productivity, quality, service delivery, employee engagement, absence and attrition targets etc.)
- Ensure all teams at least meet Next Best Action targets in terms of launch, presentation and conversion rates
- Ensure teams are promoting a digital-first culture and educating customers accordingly
- Coach and develop Sales Team Leaders to create a strong talent pipeline within the organisation; assess performance regularly and adhere to the Training and Competency procedures, ensuring all team members are receiving the appropriate training and skills development to allow them to fulfil their role to the required standard
- Ensure customer related information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Leading high performing customer service / sales teams with confidence and credibility
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to manage for value, understand the external marketplace, and understand our customers
- Ability to make decisions based on MI analysis, balancing customer, business and employee needs
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to distil complex situations
- Able to work fast under pressure at times of high workload and competing priorities - remains focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations, and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship/interpersonal skills - working collaboratively with wider Customer Services and Sales colleagues to support delivery in every area
- Creative with the ability to initiate incentives and expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate, to drive the business forward
- Exemplary coaching and facilitation skills
- Previous experience of leading high performing Sales teams within a complex operational environment, including management of a large number of Team Leaders and front line staff
- Management of large sales call centre operations which deliver above-target performance
- Proven track record of excellence in customer satisfaction
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Sales Manager R9921608’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Additional Website Text