Retail Pricing Analyst
The Canada Power group at Direct Energy is looking for a Retail Pricing Analyst to join its team. The team is responsible for the management of Direct Energy’s retail power positions across Canada. The team manages the retail position through an understanding, assessment and mitigation of electricity commodity risk as it affects contracted and potential load volumes. Successful risk management requires focus on power markets, market fundamentals, internal corporate processes and controls as well as successful working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Canada Power currently has an open entry level position that will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to learn the Alberta and Ontario power business from both a wholesale and retail market perspective. This position will report to the Manager, Canadian Power Optimization.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative subject such as Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance or Math.
- Strong Excel skills are required and some familiarity with databases, SQL, and programming languages would be beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical skills and communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work in fast-paced trading floor environment with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and ability to work well with others.
- Provide pricing in the Alberta and Ontario electricity markets for the Sales group, with input from wholesale traders.
- Deliver weekly reports regarding market fundamentals in the Alberta and Ontario electricity markets to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Work with Sales group to provide value-added analytics, products, and pricing to customers.
- Work with wholesale traders to provide customized pricing and products for customers.
- Quantify the load forecasting accuracy of the current systems and assess the impact on risk management strategies. Work with internal stakeholders to ensure load forecasting meets required standards.
- Develop and update quantitative models to improve efficiency on the pricing desk.
- Ensure that all desk activities meet both internal and external compliance requirements.
- Develop an understanding of market fundamentals – be able to logically and clearly articulate this view to wholesale traders, the Sales group, and customers.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status