Programmer / Analyst
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers with over 5 million residential and commercial relationships. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc, one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates across North America.
We are seeking an individual responsible for new development, feature addition, maintenance and support of commodity pricing and proposal management systems. Individual should come from a highly technical background with ability to work in fast-paced organization. This individual will work on custom built platforms with a rapidly growing and expanding scope so focus will be to manage operations while assisting in scoping and developing changes to the platform. Individual will be involved in the building of detailed technical specifications and designs, code development and test planning for complex web-based applications. This individual will communicate regularly with business stakeholders, independently tracking and hosting meetings reporting on enhancement development, support work and may also be called on to oversee projects associated with the platform.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent combination of education.
- Proficiencies in the following technical and software development skills:
- Visual Studio 2013 &2015, VB.NET, C#, WCF, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Team Foundation Server
- T-SQL, Store procedure, Triggers using Microsoft SQL Server version 2008 & 2012.
- Software development life cycle and processes including unit and user acceptance testing, code reviews etc.
- 5+ years of experience in design, development and support of large scale windows and web based solutions primarily using Microsoft Technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills
- Able to document business and technical requirements and work with all level of business users.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate successfully with various onsite and offsite software development teams and vendor partners.
- Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of natural gas commodity pricing, trading and settlement.
- Working knowledge of IBM Cognos reporting tool.
- Microsoft certifications like MCSD, MCAD and MCP is big plus.
- Take responsibility for code development, testing and deliverables using agile delivery mechanisms such as scrum, and participate in daily progress meetings reporting back to the manager.
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical artifacts, with an eye for optimal design, performance, extensibility, security, and scalability.
- Work in team building and PMO environments to support and facilitate the resolution of systems issues and defects.
- Self-Motivated and take leadership role to mentor team members as required
- Able to communicate and work with business directly to articulate business problem and solutions.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status/Genetic Data
Additional Website Text