Channel Development Manager
The primary objective for this role is to manage broker sales for Direct Energy by providing power, gas, and non commodity expertise. The individual will be responsible for building and maintaining a current book of business while focusing on effective strategies to grow Direct Energy's portion of business with each broker.
- Minimum of 5 years sales or related experience or 3 years of energy related experience
- Must be effective as a liaison between internal departments, management, and brokers
- Must be effective at obtaining and internally communicating market information, trends, and competitive offerings
- Must have knowledge and understanding of gas and electric utility tariffs
- Build strong, professional and long term broker relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills, including establishing rapport with brokers and customers through regular contact to build long term relationships.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and follow through skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and experience with sales automation applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Take an active role in personal and professional development
- Achieving and exceeding Sales targets for power, gas, and non-commodity solutions
- Understanding the sales process of using appropriate pricing tools, obtaining usage information, preparing offers, negotiating contracts and closing opportunities.
- Understanding each broker's unique business model to implement an effective strategy and communicate with broker's top management
- Managing and developing broker relationships through interpersonal skills
- Growing an established book of business through strategic planning
- Having a firm understanding of the natural gas and power markets for PA and OH territories
- Having excellent product and market knowledge to educate brokers
- Remaining up to date on market conditions.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status