E&P Tax Manager
The E&P Tax Manager will manage the preparation and submission of UK CT/SCT and PRT returns, calculation of taxes due or refundable and management of disputes with HMRC.
The jobholder will provide support and input as required to upstream operations’ financial and commercial teams on transactions, including M&A, and financial planning and forecasting.
This role can be based out of Aberdeen or Windsor.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion/filing of UK PRT and CT/SCT returns and payment of taxes.
- Provide tax support to forecasting and planning activity within the upstream business
- Act as business partner for the upstream business, building strong and open relationships with commercial and finance teams
- Act as primary contact with HMRC on all upstream issues; and act as principal upstream contact to industry groups and on consultation/lobbying activity
- Provide high quality tax support to upstream M&A activity, and input to structuring and planning activity.
- Ensure that changes to tax law and practice within the UK upstream are monitored and communicated; and that risks and opportunities are identified and actioned as appropriate.
- ACA or equivalent qualification (HMRC experience would also be acceptable)
- Extensive experience working within the Big 4 or the oil and gas industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience of UK upstream taxation, including PRT in particular. Familiarity with accounting principles that pertain particularly to upstream businesses
- Strong team player, able to build open and productive relationships and to manage conflicting priorities
- Wide industry knowledge, and contacts within principal industry bodies as well as HMRC/HMT
- Strong communication skills to engage business at all levels. Experience of negotiation and persuasive presentation, to be able to participate in lobbying and other negotiation activity.
Additional Website Text