Customer Service Manager
Customer Services Manager
Salary; Circa £Competitive + Bonus & Excellent benefits
Location; Glasgow – City Park
It’s an exciting time to join Hive, we are on a one way mission to go beyond where others have gone before in developing our global Connected Home business and delivering a world class Customer Experience that we become universally famous for. Our Starfleet Commander is the “big bang” that creates the energy for finding our new horizons and Hive are looking for our very own James Kirk or Nyota Uhura to take our Glasgow ship to the outer hemisphere
Our new Commander should expect to inspire our team through their exemplarily innovative leadership skills futuristic approach to management, Hive is no place for cyborgs, our fleet need atmosphere in abundance along with limitless energy for all the daily Scotty-type incidents that may occur!
What will you be up to;
- You’ll lead and Inspire a team of 6 – 10 Performance Coaches with 10-12 direct reports across one or more departments
- Be the spirit of the Hive Tone of Voice and the evangelist of the Hive way and values
- Creation and deliver process improvements in conjunction with Customer Experience & Change Teams
- Be the representative for Hive Hub at Connected Home QBR’s and Road Shows
- Liaise and partner with British Gas site Leadership team ensuring that requirements are in place and effectively managed
- Deliver large scale and large volume of change whilst balancing BAU activity and performance levels
- Create a safe working environment for all employees & visitors
- Be the voice of the customer and employee for all customer and employee facing changes
- Deliver large scale and large volume change across customer, business & employee
- Take ownership & resolve escalated complaints identifying and acting on trends
- Lead in managing small, medium & large scale incidents in conjunction with key stakeholders across the business
- Creation and review all employee communications ensuring they are in line with our culture and tone of voice
- Recruit in line with Hive Hub culture creating a welcoming and supportive environment that ultimately delivers outstanding attrition and attendance results
- Budget management for recruitment, reward, engagement, training and resourcing
- Support with managing operational and regulatory risk escalating as appropriate
- Resolve issues, and regularly review risks, escalating where relevant
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Previous experience in leading high performing customer service and/or technical teams within a complex and flexible operational environment including management of large number of managers and front line employees
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
- Highly developed communication skills to drive behavioral and performance improvements
- Experience of inspiring followership within large scale operation
- Proven track record in excellence in customer satisfaction
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship/interpersonal skills
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 2 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 150,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Customer Service Manager R9922173 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.