The Data Analyst will support the Internal Audit function in understanding the data landscape across the Centrica businesses and analyse as directed to drive annual planning and individual insights during audit projects.
This is a technical role requiring an understanding of data, the options of how to analyse the data and the ability to interpret results and explain these across a broad, non-technical audience.
The job role holder will interface with other members of the Internal Audit function in order to deliver increased efficiency and insight and need to understand the broad requirements of the Audit Plan in order to support the implementation through improved data analysis.
In terms of the Data Extraction the primary focus is SAP, although several other systems and databases are in use across the business.
- Knowledge of Data Analysis tools (e.g. ACL, Idea, SQL, Excel Pivot);
- Knowledge of Data Visualisation tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview);
- Knowledge of SAP (particularly FI, MM, Basis and SAP ISU) and/or Hadoop (Hive/Hue) would be an advantage.
- Able to frame a hypothesis then identify the tool and data set to establish the response to the hypothesis, initially with direction;
- Ability to understand the scope of the Internal Audit business and quickly develop data analysis tools and techniques;
- Numerate background to allow analysis as required by the role;
- Experience of performing a similar role would be beneficial, or experience of working with SAP or Hadoop data and / or one of the relevant analytical/visualisation tools.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Data Analyst R9922021’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.