Financial Accounting Analyst
The Financial Accounting Analyst will assist in the consolidation of the Group’s financial results and preparation of the annual and interim external reporting to analysts and shareholders, and monthly management reporting and Group Annual Planning information to the Group Business Performance Management team, executive and non-executive directors.
Responsibilities cover all aspects of Group financial reporting, and include liaison with other corporate departments such as Treasury, Taxation and Secretariat, and with Business Unit finance staff.
- Assist in the consolidation of the Group’s financial results in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as well as other statutory, Stock Exchange and internal requirements.
- Maintain and control the consolidation system in order to meet changing accounting and reporting requirements, flagging risks as they arise and implementing controls to mitigate these risks.
- Provide support to Business Units in respect of statutory accounting controls including management of intercompany positions, monitoring of ERP to BPC reconciliations, manage the playing-back of offline statutory adjustments, preparation of key consolidation account reconciliations.
- Maintain and improve the control framework and control environment over the consolidation and business unit submission process, to ensure the production of financial information is free from material error.
- Support the Senior Group Financial Accountant in the production of various other deliverables, helping to ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met and that the reports produced are of appropriate quality and accuracy.
- Qualified or part-qualified chartered or management accountant (ACA, CPA or ACCA, CIMA).
- Good financial accounting skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with preparation and analysis of financial statements under IFRS.
- Experience with dealing with senior management and external accounting advisors and auditors.
- Experience with BPC and SAP is preferable.
- Good communication skills and be able to maintain solid working relationships with Business Unit finance teams and other Corporate departments.
- Must also be comfortable in dealing with external accounting advisors and auditors.
- Must be proactive, and able to conclude projects/ tasks to timetable, flagging issues as they arise.
- Must be a team player with a proven ability to deliver quality work to tight timescales and under pressure.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Financial Accounting Analyst R9922032’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.