Junior Product Manager
Junior Product Manager
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes’ walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station)
Competitive package and bonus with excellent benefits
As part of the product team at Hive you’ll work on the definition and delivery of a variety of customer facing features and products to bring to life the vision of Hive as the World’s leading provider of Smart Home solutions. Collaborating with your fellow Product Managers, and the Hive Insight and Customer Support Teams, your will strive to understand customer problems in this exciting emerging sector of the Internet of Things and the opportunity to use technology to address them. You will hypothesize, test and refine solutions; provide strong ownership and advocacy to help make a case to bring them to reality and work closely with Suppliers, Partners and highly talented and driven Hive Teams working on Design, Software and Hardware Development, Marketing, Operations, Propositions and Commercial to bring essential value to market quickly and iterate on these based on customer feedback to keep ahead of the game.
What will you be doing? ...
- Working with Product Leads to take ownership of several product features
- Bring to life product development opportunities identified by all parts of the business
- Draw insight and data from all parts of the business to understand user problems
- Ideate and communicate solutions that balance customer needs with business objectives
- Work with developers and UX designers to conceive feasible and usable solutions to test
- Help plan and participate in user labs to understand customer needs and and test our ideas
- Work with colleagues to assess value versus build effort to prioritise features
- Define and communicate MVPs and a roadmap of features to deliver value iteratively
- Prepare and articulate high-level proposals to win over senior stakeholders and communicate product functionality and benefits to all teams
- Prepare detailed requirements from a customer experience perspective for developers
- Develop strong internal relationships at all levels in the business to share information and obtain buy in and cooperation suppliers
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure they know what is required of them
- Work with Marketing and Customer Service to deliver promotional and support information
- Actively monitor the experience customers are having in the field through multiple channels
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of the Smart Home market
- Develop an understanding of the objectives and commercial requirements of the business
- Review competitor solutions and work with colleagues to assess potential partnerships
- Represent Hive/Connected Home at external events such as conferences, external meetings with potential suppliers and partners as well as in internal meetings within the wider business
To be brilliant in this role you will...
- Have been in at least one role that involves significant Product Management activities, within a day job or a personal venture
- Have an active interest in cultivating a career in Product Management
- Been involved in the delivery of a consumer facing technology product
- A deep understanding of technology is not as important as being undaunted by it and being able to ask the right questions
- Be familiar with Agile and Lean approaches to product development and delivery
- Be deeply inquisitive with a passionate desire to know how things work
- Be fascinated by detail but able to communicate concisely and with energy its implications
- To recognise who the customer is and be able to put yourself in their shoes
- To be highly confident and persuasive when engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, including director level management
- Be a logical thinker who can systematically work through the pitfalls of customer journeys and be creative in proposing practical solutions
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring the delivery of an exception product
- Be a pragmatist and able to compromise in order to deliver something of value
- Be excited by the potential of the Smart Home market
- Have entrepreneurial drive and track record of achieving stretch goals in a fast paced environment
- Ideally be of graduate calibre or have equivalent experience at a suitable level
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 3 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Junior Product Manager R9921543 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com