Revenue Protection Officer
Salary: up to £26k Per Annum plus excellent benefits
Location: Home Based in one of the following only: Liverpool, North Wales & The midlands
The role of the Revenue Protection Officer is to investigate, detect and deter instances of Theft of Gas and Abstraction of Electricity by Residential or Business customers; make suitable arrangements for the recovery and repayment of sums outstanding; identify & remedy unbilled sites.
- Help create a leading health and safety culture for the Revenue Protection Unit and British Gas
- Ensure safety first approach for themselves, their colleagues and our customers
- Visit Customer premises to investigate suspected instances of theft of gas and abstraction of electicity
- Present findings to customers in professional, assured manner
- Establish facts and show resilience in circumstances where deception may exist
- Deliver customer service skills – professional, upholding British Gas brand image, showing empathy
- Negotiation outcomes, with ability to communicate the process to the customer
- Deal with first line complaints and knowing when to escalate.
- Use networking skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with local engineers, the Police and Court staff, local authorities and meter readers
- Represent British Gas as a professional witness in Court
- Presenting facts clearly and with confidence
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Ensure the safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures are understood and deployed throughout the business.
- Ensure health and safety objectives and targets are met.
A specialist will work on their own, achieving and exceeding expected standards. Working both pro-actively and re-actively a Specialist manages their own performance. This includes planning their weekly activities to ensure maximum productivity, whilst ensuring compliance with both internal and external procedures.
A Specialist actively shares best practice and plays a key role in team meetings.
A Specialist has a good understanding of the wider industry, how to identify and deal with theft and imbalance situations, and has a good working knowledge of all the policies, procedures and systems used within the RPU.
- Effective networking with key Stakeholders across British Gas to increase the profile of the Revenue Protection Unit
- Proactively manage relationships between British Gas, other industry organisations and local authorities
- Day to day relationship with Revenue Protection Support Teams.
- Day to day relationship with BGSM and National Grid engineers +C50
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise Knowledge and Qualifications Knowledge:
- Understanding and experience of the energy industry from a technical and commercial perspective.
- Understanding of the supply licence conditions relevant to theft of energy.
- The ability to identify theft of gas and abstraction of electricity situations
- The ability to communicate effectively at differing levels.
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Impact and influencing skills
- Effective networking
- Stakeholder management
- Effective decision making
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Conflict Handling Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Interrogation skills to establish facts
- Report writing skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Revenue Protection Officer R9920912’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.