Head of Home Insurance
This is an exciting opportunity for an insurance professional to lead a new growth area for British Gas. Having entered the Home Insurance market around three years ago the business is now growing rapidly through a variety of channels.
The post holder will be accountable for developing and executing the next stage of the strategy which has two parts:
For standalone Home Insurance, Centrica wishes to take more control of the customer experience, product and pricing capability, maximising the data assets that the UK’s largest energy, services and connected homes business has, and increase the breadth and depth of the customer relationship. This could involve creating new in-house capability and changing the current business model from its traditional introducer to an intermediated model.
The role will also lead the home insurance and relationship management aspects of a new ‘whole Home’ proposition currently under development which brings together connected devices (from Hive Connected Homes), Home Services and Home Insurance to create new ground breaking proposition which Centrica expects to disrupt and transform the current market using its market leading capabilities.
The role will report to the Insurance Director - UK home, and will work closely with our Product, Marketing , technical and Insight teams aross Centrica b2c. Working effectively across a matrix organisation as part of a wider team is an essential capability for success.
This will require a talented, technically experienced Insurance leader who has demonstratable experience of growing Home Insurance profitably, with good technical knowledge of Home Insurance perils, and technical and retail pricing techniques. Experience of affinity/broker partnerships, contracts and migrations would be advantageous.
Applicants may currently be leading in an Insurance company, a broker or a large branded business successfully growing Home Insurance such as a retailer of bank/building society. They must have an extensive understanding of the UK Home Insurance market, products, competitors, regulatory dimensions and principle factors affecting risk in the personal lines environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to build on existing skills and knowledgegained in a traditional Home Insurance model, and lead a potentially market changing, innovative digital proposition backed by a leading brand in the UK.
- The post holder must have an extensive understanding of the UK Home Insurance market, products, competitors, regulatory dimensions and principle factors affecting risk in the personal lines environment
- They will require good awareness of the principle risks associated with Home Insurance and associated underwriting techniques, criteria and principles that underpin a successful Home Insurance/Home Risk Management portfolio
- They also will require good awareness of the technical features associated with actuarial, pricing, reserving and capital modelling disciplines
- Proven track record within the financial services environment including demonstratable success in leading the development Home Insurance Proven track record within a financial services environment
- Experience satisfying the FCA and PRA requirements around conduct and oversight of outsourced intermediaries as well as acting in line with the regulators fit, proper and competence requirements
- Proven success in change management and business performance delivery
- Track record of leadership inspiring and engaging through the organisation and harnessing the skills and attributes of colleagues, suppliers and partners
- Proven success in business transformation and or implementing new products and services across large complex organisations
- Proven abilility to identify and communicate key insights to drive behavioural and performance improvement
- Strong sense of purpose and excellent communication & presentation skills
- Demonstratable ability to develop close and complex relationships quickly
- Experience of general management, financial, commercial activities
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Head of Home Insurance R9920211’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.