Senior Technical Accountant
The role helps deliver a centre of excellence on all technical accounting matters for the relevant business unit(s), advising senior management, Group Technical Accounting and divisional finance teams globally on accounting issues and developments.
The role presents a significant opportunity for developing a pro-active and pragmatic approach to technical accounting matters. In addition the Senior Technical Accountant is responsible for helping deliver technical accounting advice in relation to ad hoc projects such as, advising Business Development on transactions and other related projects where specialist accounting knowledge and expertise is required.
- Advice to businesses on IFRS and UK GAAP accounting issues and developments including, treatment of high value or complex items such as acquisition accounting, impairments, new business contracts and reorganisations
- Assist Group Technical in managing the process for implementing new standards/policies in the BU(s)
- Technical training – IFRS and UK GAAP updates for specific BU sites
- Review annual report, preliminary statement and half year statement for technical compliance on behalf of BU FDs
- Assist in the preparation of issues logs and judgement papers for technical compliance (including in a review capacity)
- Liaison with external auditors on technical accounting issues
- Technical reviews of complex statutory accounts within the BU.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with either substantial complex IFRS exposure outside of practice or alternatively a senior Manager/Director in practice looking to step into the Energy sector. Detailed understanding of complex commercial and accounting issues and excellent knowledge and understanding of IFRS including IAS 39 is essential. Experience of Group consolidations and large plc interim and year-end reporting coupled with resolution of complex technical accounting issues will also be essential.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior Technical Accountant R9922031’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.