UKFO Lead Optimisation Analyst
The Field Optimisation is a newly formed function with UK Field Operations (UKFO). It will play a critical role taking an end to end view across UKFO to ensure we are identifying opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15,000 strong field force to deliver excellent customer and business outcomes. The Optimisation function has an end to end delivery capability from strategy, analytics, business readiness and continuous improvement
The Lead Analyst role will sit within the newly formed Analytics and Insight Team within the wider Field Optimisation function. The Analytics team has been formed with the objective of providing innovative insight into the operational performance of UKFO in order to inform and influence business decisions that support the strategic priorities of UKFO. The team of Lead Analysts will work on the most critical challenges facing UKFO with the responsibility of creating data driven business solutions that can inform how UKFO delivers their operations. This role at heart needs creative, data savvy problem solvers who can unlock answers from the wealth of information around us.
Staines / Stockport location preferred although this can be negotiated
- Lead deep dive investigations and collaborate with UKFO verticals to identify data driven insights and develop recommendations to optimise UKFO
- Present data and insight in a highly visual way to engage the UKFO leadership teams, influence planning, prioritisation and strategy, and drive necessary changes through the Organisation
- Manage investigations into hypotheses which will provide the business with accurate forecasting, planning and insight
- Ensure the appropriate review of information variance is undertaken using business operational knowledge including root cause analysis and development of mitigation plans covering people, processes, systems and metrics
- Leverage the availability of new technology for data analytics and insight
- Effective partnering and networking with internal customers across Field Ops and the Group,
- Ability to quickly assess & understand data from various sources to construct relevant & meaningful insight
- Ability to translate this insight into solutions to support the production of business cases to quantify the proposed continuous improvement deliverables
- Understand the current range of MI & the potential for extracting data from various British Gas systems
- Displays confidence and credibility in stakeholder management and communicating insight in a clear and concise manner to a wide range of audiences
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Good negotiation and influencing skills to gain support from business owners for recommended actions
- Good commercial acumen and decision making abilities which are married with the ability to creatively think about solutions that will drive business improvement and deliver its goals
- Understand UKFO obligations in terms of compliance, standards & audit requirements
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service in the UKFO business
- Ability to coach less experienced members of the team in analytics approaches and project delivery
- Highly numerate with experience of modelling & data interpretation tools whilst also displaying confidence in the application of business improvement tools & techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma and Prince
- Degree preferred, but not essential
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: UKFO Lead Optimisation Analyst R9915817’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.