Senior Technical Accounting Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The role helps deliver a centre of excellence on all technical accounting matters for the relevant business unit(s), advising senior management, Group Technical Accounting and divisional finance teams globally on accounting issues and developments. The role presents a significant opportunity for developing a pro-active and pragmatic approach to technical accounting matters. In addition the Senior Technical Accountant is responsible for helping deliver technical accounting advice in relation to ad hoc projects such as, advising Business Development on transactions and other related projects where specialist accounting knowledge and expertise is required.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant with either substantial complex IFRS exposure outside of practice or alternatively a senior manager/director in Big 4 practice looking to step into the Energy sector. Detailed understanding of complex commercial and accounting issues and excellent knowledge and understanding of IFRS including IAS 39 is essential. Experience of Group consolidations and large plc interim and year-end reporting coupled with resolution of complex technical accounting issues will also be essential.
Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/FCA) or US equivalent
- Advice to businesses on IFRS accounting issues and developments including, treatment of high value or complex items such as acquisition accounting, impairments, new business contracts and reorganisations.
- Assist Group Technical in managing the process for implementing new standards/policies in the BU(s)
- Technical training – IFRS updates for specific BU sites
- Review annual report, preliminary statement and half year statement for technical compliance on behalf of BU FDs
- Assist in the preparation of issues logs and judgement papers for technical compliance (including in a review capacity)
- Liaison with external auditors on technical accounting issues.
- External Financial and Regulatory Reporting
- Trusted Advisor
- Conveying Complex Ideas
- Feedback and Resilience
- Critical Thinking
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text