Product Control Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 2-5 years of professional experience in the energy commodity industry preferred
- Knowledge of commodity settlements preferred
- Highly developed mathematical and computer skills, particularly using Excel
- Possess the attention to detail required for consistent accuracy combined with the intellectual curiosity and investigative analysis skills to seek answers to complex problems
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Innovative thinker who is team player, proactive, self-motivated, and who can see the bigger picture
- Ability to build and maintain professional internal working relationships
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
This position will be located in Iselin, NJ as part of the North American Product Control team. Reporting to the Manager, Product Control, the Analyst will provide timely valuation, risk metrics, and controls oversight to management and other stakeholders. At Direct Energy, the company operates with gas and electricity commodities in Houston, Iselin and Calgary.
- Produce aggregate daily risk management reports; including profit and loss, open positions, statistical risk measurements, and compliance against risk policies.
- Have working knowledge of the northeast gas and power markets
- Provide daily analysis and explanation of market changes and results on a timely basis
- Integrate multiple risk systems and data into a report
- Understand and steward to Direct Energy's internal control framework by understanding the current risks and controls enacted within the Risk Management function
- Learn the transaction life cycle from inception until settlement and supporting the reconciliation of profit and loss across time
- Assist in developing new reporting as the business evolves and the group adapts to the needs of stakeholders.
- Develop models for data aggregation and automation in Excel using VBA and SQL are pluses
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in the organization including the Risk Management, commercial personnel, Finance, Legal, and Internal Audit.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability