Advisor - Code Registers & Training
Implements, operates and maintains group wide Ethics & Compliance (E&C) systems (e.g. conflicts registers, annual certification, gifts/entertainment registers).
Assisting in the maintenance of the Centrica Business Principles/Our Code document, digital platforms and supporting processes (induction training, refresher training and elements of performance management relating to Code certification).
Implements, manages and coordinates global E&C training on all matters (including all E&C risks, all E&C foundational training – Code, conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment).
Based in Windsor, we envisage paying between £35K and £45K + benefits (dependent on experience).
Build, operate, maintain and enhance central registers and processes required within the Centrica E&C programme (including but not limited to conflicts of interests register, gitst and entertainment register, trade associations register and associated processes and procedures).
Monitor, and as necessary report and communicate on trends and data emerging from the central registers and processes, coordinating with the Manager Reporting and Risk Management to ensure that all appropriate businesses and functions receive timely updates.
Operate an effective E&C training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers on all relevant matters.
Provide answers to employee questions about company policies, procedures and standards and escalate to Compliance management or other functional areas as needed.
Track and report current status of E&C education, policy acknowledgements, complaints, investigations, inquiries and other metrics as required.
Operate a function wide competence, capability and training plan for ethics & compliance staff liaising where appropriate with regulatory specific training and competence requirements used within distinct E&C teams (E.g. FCA teams).
- Negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect.
- Developing close ‘trusted adviser’ relationships with key business leaders.
- Wins hearts and minds across the business and inspires others to act for the betterment of our business and its customers.
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, Business Principles/Our code and policies.
- Good oral and written communication skills with analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders.
- Track record of collaborating with senior leaders to help facilitate their role in ensuring the effectiveness of the ethics and compliance program.
- Managing complexity in a fast moving environment.
- Supports but also challenges for improvement.
- Personally accountable.
- Confronts difficult situations with sensitivity and treats others fairly and equally.
- Speaks the ‘truth’.
- Demonstrates technical know-how.
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond from accredited four-year university or college (or equivalent experience) (Desirable).
- Experience of operating ethics and compliance processes and controls in a large organisation (desirable).
- Experience of managing training in a large organisation.
- Directly relevant professional experience, i.e., compliance and energy market experience, law firm or regulatory agency, relevant U.S. or UK compliance, regulatory, legal, risk, auditing or internal controls work experience.
- Experience of managing data and data analysis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.