Senior Project Manager
We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential and commercial solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
- BS/MS in Engineering or related technical discipline with 10+ years of experience in commercial construction project management.
- 7+ years of commercial construction experience with 4+ years of commercial solar project experience in sales, project management, or site supervision.
- Successfully managed multiple (2+) 1MW+ commercial solar installations
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism
- Strong technical and business acumen to identify and solve project issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well within the team, as well as cross-functional teams, including sales, logistics, engineering, and finance.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Project.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification is preferred.
- Assist sales in securing solar project contracts including estimating, design coordination, risk mitigation and contract addendums (e.g. schedules, scope-of-work).
- Determine site specific requirements including labor, local AHJ requirements, safety requirements, utility interconnection, and permit costs.
- Develop detailed project budget.
- Acquire necessary permits, and other required approvals to complete project scope.
- Manage customer communication on a routine basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and negotiate sub-contractor, consultant or engineering agreements including safety plans, schedules and scope-of-work necessary to fulfill project requirements.
- Manage all aspects of the project schedule from project kickoff to project close-out including project post-mortem meeting.
- Monitor processes, materials, safety, job quality, to detect or assess problems
- Analyze information, and identify problem resolutions, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Provide timely management, financial or other relevant project information necessary to meet internal processes or controls.
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes and budget.
- Coordinate project commissioning and handoff to systems support and/or O&M team.
- Coordinate customer training and acceptance.
- Track progress through Direct Energy project management software.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability