HSES Risk Accessor
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert and enhances organization capability around risk assessments aligned with DE HSES Management System.
- Implements and conducts Task Risk Assessments for Field Operations.
- Assists site management to identify HSES Risks and establish mitigation plans, as appropriate.
- Updates the methods used to identify HSES risks, impacts, threats and mitigation approach.
- Coach and mentor site management teams (or their designee) to be influential and effective in their roles.
- Provides support to field operations as to their involvement and enforcement of the HSES Management System.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable US and Canada regulatory and other requirements.
- Familiar with standard field operations concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the HSES Sr. Manager in evaluating effectiveness of HSES Task Risk Assessments as it relates to the HSES Management System.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with field HSES Managers.
- Other activities related to the above and assigned from time to time by the HSES Sr. Manager.
- 5-7 year’s managing HSES programs in an field environment
- 5-10 year’s OSHA construction industry experience preferred
- HSES risk assessment experience, including knowledge of Job Safety Analysis, Job Hazard Assessments and controls
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with Business Stakeholders and Customer Operations.
- Interaction with cross-functional groups and a matrixed organization
- Bachelor degree required
- Up to 50% travel including no and short notice travel. May include international locations.
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities
- Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- High degree of personal initiative
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills
- Research, analysis and judgment skills
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>