Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Liaise with Business users and technical users and gather and prepare Requirements documents in the project relating to load forecasting and commodity pricing in the energy industry
- Write Functional and Technical Specifications
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Ownership of Total Project Quality
- Support existing applications, Design & develop new end to end solutions in a complex technological environment within the Electric & Gas Forecasting group, the Energy & Trading and Risk group
- Work closely with the teams, business, architecture and infrastructure group to integrate solutions, while adhering to company project management and delivery standards
- Apply systems analysis and knowledge to support existing applications and develop new applications
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to Leadership
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- To develop a sound knowledge of business area and the effect of the requested changes.
- To liaise with business managers and low-level users to understand and document business requirements across affected business areas.
- To understand, document and prioritize business requirements across affected business areas.
- To work with business owners and delivery work streams to develop optimal solutions.
- Work in partnership with other groups IT groups in designing, extending, developing and maintaining system solutions in order to best meet strategic technical and business goals;
- Provide cost/time estimates for project programming tasks & tech leading of small to medium sized projects
- Train the business on the use of the new functionality and/or systems
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>