Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst – ENER-G Combined Power ltd
Based Salford Circa£32,000 basic depending on experience + benefits
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Analyst to join our ENER-G business in Salford, Manchester.
ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
The Technical Support Analyst will provide day-to-day consultation, training, instruction, trouble-shooting, problem-solving to computer users for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and peripheral devices. The position ensures the effective operation of all systems, installs and configures systems and recommends hardware and software acquisitions / upgrades.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Performing hardware repair and maintenance.
- Analyzing system architecture, planning and implementing more efficient and effective client device management practices
- To support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to provide cover on such tasks when required.
- To support and monitor the Group’s internal networks and links to regional offices, other sites or the Internet, and to ensure they are configured and working correctly.
- To respond to Help Desk calls and planned work requests. To manage such items through to resolution or escalate them to another member of the team or the Infrastructure Manager.
- To assist in designing and documenting infrastructure processes, procedures and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed.
- To work alongside colleagues within the IT Department on support, development and project work where directed.
- Support work is performed almost exclusively within the ENER-G Group’s Head Office in Salford although some work in regional offices may occasionally be required. The bulk of work is conducted during normal office hours but some out-of-hours work is also required to resolve urgent support calls, perform out-of- hours upgrade or maintenance work or to work on critical projects. o The IT Support Analyst participates in an on-call rota with other infrastructure staff to provide cover for systems outside normal business hours.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to manage the deployment of a significant number of desktops/laptops using industry standard tools, like Systems Centre Configuration Manger, WSUS, or similar to minimize trouble calls, security risks, and in-person visits to workstations.
You must have experience of working with different service user at all levels and possess extensive
Knowledge and proficient in the use of:
- Windows Server 2003 / 2012
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 / 2010
Some understanding or knowledge of Microsoft System Centre Products.
- Windows XP / Windows 7 Desktop
- Shoretel IP Telephony.
Microsoft Office Products.
- Dell Servers, Storage, Desktop pc’s and laptops
- Cisco ASA / Switches
In addition you must have good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
You must have excellent customer service skills, always striving to improve services to meet customer and business needs.
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Technical Support Analyst R9920864’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered