Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer will act as the E&P Electrical Technical Authority (TA2) to safeguard, support and assure the Asset Integrity and Process Safety of E&P Assets
This role is based in Aberdeen
- Provides Electrical Engineering support to and Assurance of the delivery of capital projects
- Lead the delivery of Electrical Engineering activities and support the development of resource and capability plans in support of E&P business requirements
- Provide service to and collaborates closely with lead engineers, maintenance engineers, operations managers and project managers.
- Review safety critical elements and report to the Assets on a quarterly basis on their suitability and sufficiency
- Authorship and approval of Performance Standards for Safety Critical Elements pertaining to their discipline
- Authorship and approval of planned maintenance and inspection regimes and any proposed material changes to existing regimes
- Supports Plant Management of Change requests from screening of requests, definition of SORs and technical assurance and support through execution.
- Technically assess proposals for the use of temporary changes to plant, temporary repairs, operational risk assessments and maintenance deferrals
- Proactively support and participate in equipment failure investigations
- Proactively provide support and guidance to capital projects in their nominated discipline
- Advises Lead Engineer of deviations and non-conformances to Centrica Standards and Engineering codes
- Maintains discipline critical asset documentation
- Experience in client/operator roles in the management of contractors with active involvement in the application of quality assurance and quality control: including reviewing calculations, philosophies and designs. Active participation in reviews and in particular risk and hazard assessment activities with the ability to resolve problems in a range of contexts from conceptual design to operational facilities
- Brings groups of diverse individuals together
- Drives innovative solutions and pace
- Effective communicator and negotiator
- Relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- Chartered Engineer
- The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of Metering technical practices and legislation, which would be underpinned by technical achievements in relevant discipline in the energy or chemical industry
- Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation, including block diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs Data Sheets, Cause & Effect charts and safety critical elements
- Full knowledge of relevant codes, standards and applicable regulations both statutory and company specific
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Senior Electrical Engineer R9921562 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.