Energy Insights Sales Manager
Energy Insights Sales Manager
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
Location; Home-based (Need to be able to travel to Windsor on occasion)
You will work within the DE Sales Team and will be responsible for the sale of energy insights to end customers. The Energy Insights Sale Manager role will focus on selling Energy Insights through the sale of Panoramic Power.
What will you be doing;
Taking ownership of customer portfolios, by building relationships at a senior level, developing clear prospect strategies through Distributed Energy, providing solutions that add customer value and working as part of a team to deliver the growth of the Distributed Energy & I&C business from a new revenue stream for the business.
You will be expected to support the channel with internal leadership and sector strategic planning. They will also be expected to retain and grow the portfolio of large industrial and commercial customers in the Distributed Energy space who spend over £3m energy supply.
- Selling Energy Insights to end customers through Panoramic Power sales
- Close sales to meet or exceed quarterly and annual quota objective
- Negotiate contracts with customers involving legal and management team as required
- Assess customer needs and qualify sales opportunities
- Prepare, present and clarify quotations and all related sale documentation to customers
- Enter all activities and track all customer related issues in CRM database
- Prepare and present forecast, pipeline, Sector Plans, Account Plans and Opportunity Reviews
- Demonstrate customer-specific benefits of company solutions with a high degree of proficiency
- Travel to customer sites to conduct sales activities. Approximately 60% travel required
- Will prioritise workload appropriately to ensure that deadlines are met and important opportunities are not missed
- Representing the business at trade shows, exhibitions and networking events
- Maintaining a database of pipeline opportunities and contract wins, providing regular KPI reports and sales forecasts to the Senior Management Team
- Be proactive with on-going sales process to advise key customers of full range of DE products and services linking with the Regional Managers as appropriate
- Create and deliver a transformational sales experience to deliver growth
- Establishing a culture of exceptional customer service whilst ensuring the delivery of the national sales plan
What experience/capability we’re looking for;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to summarise complex matters and effectively communicate and influence a range of audiences
- Succinct communication style with the ability to build strong relationships within the business
- Confidence and credibility with sufficient presence to influence the decisions of senior management and the direction of the business
- Ability to juggle conflicting demands and deliver work on-time every-time to the highest possible standards, delivering a 100% record on DE development opportunities
- You will be required to work in a clear and methodical manner with complete transparency
- Must be experienced in working to and developing governance around solutions
- Must be able to plan work and deliver to agreed deadlines
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Be a self-starter and problem solver
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal communication, analytical, and logical skills
- Previous sales experience is essential
- Diligence and persistence
- The ability to prioritise and time manage correctly
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence
- Self-starter with excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- At ease establishing business relationships with individuals from various industries & departments and at various corporate levels
- Comfortable speaking before an audience of between 2 -- 100 people in either a live meeting or teleconference setting
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (including intermediate level Excel)
- Strong stakeholder management capability
- Familiarity with Salesforce systems
- Prior knowledge of the Energy industry is highly desirable
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Energy Insights Sales Manager R9915452’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.