Mgr. Of Customer Success
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, with the mission to help customers unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites and assist them in developing new energy solutions and assets to meet their needs. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Customer Success team, in which this role resides, is responsible for ensuring that customers achieve their goals through our ongoing products like Panoramic Power and Demand Response, and for delivering value and exceptional customer experience through our products and services.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- 7-15 years of work experience with a demonstrated history of
- 3 or more years of customer facing experience including issue resolution and solution development
- 2 or more years of people management
- Experience in consulting, technology delivery, account management or account preferred.
- CDSM, CEM, PMP, LEED all beneficial
- Work is primarily office based, but must be physically able to visit customer sites including energy centers and construction sites
- Primarily office environment, though some travel to customer sites required
- Some travel required, mostly visits to customer sites or other US offices.
- Proficiency with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication – impeccable interpersonal communications, written, verbal , and presentation skills are critical, along with the ability to listen with clarity
- People Management: required to lead a multi-person team potentially across multiple locations
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to look at common themes from customers and larger connections between products to assist in setting strategic direction.
- Technically proficient: must develop a full understanding of technical products and solutions and be able to apply to unique situations
- Collaborative: required to work with multiple groups to understand technical solutions, resolve problems, and implement new features
- Organized: ability to meet strict deadlines, manage multiple simultaneous projects and succeed in a high volume work environment
The Manager of Customer Success will lead a team responsible for ensuring that our customers receive the highest level of value from the products and services that we provide on an ongoing basis, including Panoramic Power and Demand Response.
The Manager of Customer Success will play a key role in establishing a customer-focused approach across all of our products and services and in defining the customer success strategy and engagement activities for new and existing products. This role works closely with the global and regional product teams, providing key customer feedback to product development and product management groups.
The Customer Success team that reports to the Manager of Customer Success is responsible for ensuring customer success during all aspects of our engagement for ongoing products, including onboarding, initial adoption, establishing proper goals and customer metrics, use of relevant product features and enhancements, and ultimately customer satisfaction and customer retention. They also play a critical role in renewals, cross-sell and upsell of other products and services.
This role is part of the extended leadership team for North American Distributed Energy and is a relatively newly defined role, providing an opportunity to stand up the customer success discipline in the organization. The role includes recruiting a team of Customer Success Specialists, and all team leadership and management activities including setting goals and objectives, team development and mentoring, recruiting, succession planning, resource alignment, and performance reviews.
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- Technology and Product Development
- NADE Delivery (installations)
- Marketing and Propositions
- Panoramic Reporting
- Project Management/ Engineering
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>