Knowledge Management Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join our office based UK Customer Operations team. At British Gas, we share a common purpose to help our customers today and secure energy for tomorrow. As a Knowledge Management Analyst at our Staines Office, you could play your part. You’ll be joining a team of people united in living our values, doing the right thing for customers, keeping things simple and being extraordinary together.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will support a best practice knowledge management approach to all documentation for publication, collating it from stakeholders, ensuring consistency in naming publish and publishing updates as required.
- Location: Staines, TW18 3BY (office based)
- Salary: Competitive
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero incident workspace and ensuring that teams take responsibility for themselves and each other
- Engage with key stakeholders to gather artefacts for publishing
- Ensure artefacts adhere to standard naming conventions to aid simple search
- Publish documentation to create initial baseline
- Update documentation as required by stakeholders
- Manage release schedule and communication on new publications and updates
- Coordinate with other similar functions across the enterprise to ensure consistency, connection and agreed master-ship (source) and linking of all relevant published information
- Support Knowledge Managers in designing, implementing and running best practice knowledge management approach
- Contribute to work-streams to deliver objectives to agreed targets
- Collect, collate analyse and present sometimes complex information in line with requirements, policies and procedures, identifying and resolving any information gaps or conflicts
- Operate in line with Centrica approach and values
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver work in a timely and effective way
- Ability to produce clear, concise documents and analysis using PowerPoint and Excel
- Positive, constructive and pragmatic approach to knowledge management with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
- Understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas, the external market place, Centrica and our customers
- Understanding of our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on the task at hand without being distracted
- Ability to perform effectively when faced with time pressures, adversity, disappointment, or opposition
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Experience in managing documentation on a large scale
What you can expect from us
We promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and offer a generous salary, plus a self tailored and flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, enabling you to perform to the best of your ability, safe in the knowledge that your life outside of the working environment is also considered.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Knowledge Management Analyst R9920781’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.