Salary: Competitive - £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
The Benchmarking Manager will benchmark the performance of Customer Operations, both internally and externally, including monitoring and analysis of competitors in order to support the case for operational improvements.
- Gather and analyse information about competitive performance both within and outside of the energy industry
- Compile, present and make available for publishing regular benchmarking summaries
- Collaborate with the central insight team to ensure joined-up approach to scope and reporting
- Lead, motivate, manage, coach and develop the team to optimise performance
- Motivate colleagues to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
- Subject matter expertise in external research and synthesis of information
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver timely and effective analysis and reporting
- Ability to produce clear, concise documents and analysis using PowerPoint and Excel and other tools and required to facilitate comprehension and clear decision making
- Positive, constructive and pragmatic approach to analysis and insight with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
- Leadership skills, providing direction to team, supporting them to achieve planned goals, ensuring that individuals build capability & skills to fulfil their roles,recognising and rewarding performance appropriately and holding them to account
- Understanding of our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Ability to remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Ability to stand back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Previous experience of producing reports comparing performance across organisations
- Leading specialist research and analysis teams
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Benchmarking Manager R9920783’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com