Audit Manager - HSES
This is an operational management role focused on focused on delivery of an agreed portfolio of audits around the principal risk of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES).
The role holder will bring challenge and insight to the delivery of a portfolio of audits focussed on the prioritised risks across Centrica.
- Manage scheduling and resourcing of the Audit Plan.
- Work with business stakeholders and 2nd line assurance functions to scope audits in accordance with identified risks.
- Assure the quality of audit planning, testing and reporting in line with the Standards set within the function, seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Raise issues identified during the audit on a timely basis in a clear and concise manner.
- Lead complex audit delivery.
- Coach and develop the audit team and wider members of the auditee teams in relation to risk and controls.
- Input to the development and maintenance of the Audit Plan.
- Identify themes and insights arising from audit work to contribute to the wider understanding.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve processes and systems defining how Internal Audit works.
- Application of experience, initiative and judgment to situations encountered in audits.
- Degree qualified or postgraduate qualification in a relevant topic such as accounting, audit or another relevant technical discipline.
- Hands on experience of an operational HSES role to have credibility when challenging the business.
- Analytical with attention to detail but ability to identify practical solutions.
- Good understanding of business risks and associated controls.
- Effective at communicating with senior stakeholders and in making pragmatic recommendations.
- Robust and independent mindset with confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Effective team leader, able to motivate, coach and develop individuals.
- Strong written skills to concisely communicate outcomes and recommendations.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Audit Manager - HSES R9920743’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com