Manager, Valuation and Structuring
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- Preferred degree would be in a business or technical field including finance/accounting, engineering, economics, mathematics, or sciences
- Extensive direct experience (5+ years) in pricing, valuing, and structuring natural gas transactions in North America within the wholesale space with at least 1-2 years spent leading teams
- Excellent capability in the development, modification, and use of financial models, derivative valuation models, and simulation methods
- Experience with conventional natural gas product structures with experience pricing exotic products and structures a plus
- Market knowledge and familiarity with pricing asset management agreements, gas storage and long haul transport in at least one of the organized natural gas markets
- Extensive familiarity with the physical gas market
- Articulate and strong communicator of analytical and technical results to non-analytical stakeholders with the ability to concisely synthesize key insights in an manner understandable to the audience
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented individual who is able to work in fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with minimal oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; writing abilities include creating effective communications media including Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple opportunities at once
- Ability to execute and follow through to completion on activities
- Well-developed capabilities in modeling and data analytic tools
Seeking self-motivated individual with wholesale energy pricing and structuring experience to contribute to DE’s Midstream & Trading growth strategy. Experience should include the following: leadership behavior traits, extensive capabilities in developing and operating models, creativity and problem solving ability, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Providing direction to team members on modeling and valuing non-standard transaction opportunities
- Supporting gas products and transactions for M&T regional desks – primarily through origination efforts fitting M&T’s commercial strategies
- Structuring gas transactions fitting criteria provided by M&T regional desks, originators, business developers, management, in support of profit and growth objectives
- Facilitating, guiding, and overseeing deal and initiatives through effective project management
- Developing and maintaining repeatable, auditable, and sustainable valuation processes
- Developing, maintaining, and operating valuation and pricing models through advanced statistical analysis of market data and the collection and interpretation of transaction efforts and market intelligence
- Participating in and supporting business development opportunities from due diligence through execution
- Maintaining effective working relationships across the company including related partner groups including Trading Desks, Credit, Finance, Risk Management, and Settlements
- This role will primarily support the natural gas desk and be located in the Iselin, NJ office.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability