LNG Operations Analyst
- To manage end to end commercial shipping activities and logistics.
- To ensure LNG receipts and deliveries are carried out within contractual obligations.
- To monitor voyage progress, record and forecast costs, and manage charter contracts.
- To maintain accurate data within trading systems for all LNG trading activities
- Operate Trading and Shipping Contracts on a day to day basis to protect P&L and add value.
- Continuous liaison with suppliers, receivers, traders, chartered vessels, ship owners.
- To obtain and coordinate approval for use of ports, on-board service providers and manage service contracts and relationships.
- Arrange loading and discharge logistics, co-ordinate between ports, buyers, sellers, shipping agents, ship owners and captains.
- Conduct vessel vetting process when required by internal HSE policy.
- Plan and monitor ship voyages, issue orders to ships.
- Forecast LNG cargo levels, LNG boil-off, LNG quality and determine load and unload volumes within contractual obligations.
- Monitor ship performance and economics and establish benchmarks in conunction with LNG Technical Shipping advisers.
- Coordinate and optimise LNG cargo loading and unloading plans.
- Schedule small scale LNG loading and manage associated sales contracts.
- Produce, manage, distribute and maintain shipping and cargo documentation.
- Capture and record data, maintain and reconcile internal trading systems data for LNG volumes, charges and invoices to ensure accurate data used for P&L forecasting, cash flow and invoicing.
- Maintain document files.
- When necessary develop and maintain shipping trading and logistics models.
- Validation of LNG measurement quantities using complex spreadsheets, ISO standards and thermodynamic principles.
- Provide support, advice and knowledge sharing across the LNG trading and origination teams.
- Support and back up other areas of the Operations team as required.
- Be available out of hours on call to deal with shipping and logistic issues.
- Role may involve some foreign travel.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Relationship building and collaboration
- Attention to detail
Experience and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent.
- High level of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, especially Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems.
- Willing to learn.
- Experience of commodities trading and processes.
- Experience dealing with contracts and disputes.
Following is desirable:
- Experience of handling high workload.
- Knowledge of LNG trading and worldwide energy.
Required training and development will be provided as required
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: LNG Operations Analyst R9920639’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.