Growth and Retention Bundles Senior Manager
An exciting opportunity to join our office based products and propositions team. At British Gas, we share a common purpose to help our customers today and secure energy for tomorrow. As a Growth and Retention Bundles Senior Manager at our Staines Office, you could play your part. You’ll be joining a team of people united in living our values, doing the right thing for customers, keeping things simple and being extraordinary together.
Location: Staines,TW18 3BY (office based)
- To deliver a cross-British Gas (BG) product and proposition portfolio that delights, retains and grows our customer base through the delivery of new propositions
- Lead the design, development and launch of engaging, innovative and commercially successful cross-BG products and propositions. Lead cross functional teams across UK Home (UKH) deliver effective launches to our chosen customers
- To create a compelling future pipeline for cross-BG propositions which engages our chosen customers and drives retention
- Support the development of a product and proposition strategy for cross-BG
- Drive the development of a 3+ year pipeline of cross-BG propositions which will be valued by our existing customers, working with colleagues across UKH, Customer Operations (CO), Field Operations (FO) and Connected Home (CH)
- Support the Head of Customer Strategy and Bundles in the creation of the customer strategy, focusing on the growth and retention elements
- Lead the definition, design and launch of new propositions (product, service, channel, experience, price, brand) to grow value and retain UK residential customers
- Actively manage propositions through the stage-gate process, developing and recommending progress through insight generation, concept development, specification and build stage gates
- Working closely with the IS, journeys, change, legal, channels and marketing teams to ensure that the product is built to the correct specification and is in line with the Product Development principles and Policy
- Lead the process to develop new products and services including pulling from other Businesses (CH, DE&P, DE Home and partners). Ensure these propositions maximise retention, cross-sales and up-sales opportunities
- Demonstrate increased Long Term Value, revenue growth, margin growth, increased percentage of sales from new products, and increased stream of new products to market
- Responsible for ensuring that new products and propositions treat customers fairly and are in compliance with FCA, Ofgem and other regulatory and legal requirements, whilst also achieving business objectives
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UK Energy Supply & Service (ES&S) ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Pulling from the central Pool; develop and motivate a high performing team. Inspire and unlock the full potential of your team
- Take ownership of skills development within your team at all levels
- Act as a role model for the values & behaviours that we espouse in our Customer vision & purpose statement; empower and support people at every level •Provide intellectual rigour and challenge to the ‘accepted wisdom’ about customer service, find novel ways to think and act; challenge peers and colleagues
- Educated to Degree level
- Experience of defining, designing and launching new customer propositions into existing and emerging markets
- Passion for understanding the needs of the customer and how effective propositions influence behaviour. Ability to interpret consumer needs and create innovative/creative solutions to meet those needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships of influence with senior leaders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organisation in order to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver financial goals, based on an understanding of our business and external context
- In depth knowledge of the Energy sector including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Ability and willingness to change the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with experience of leading project delivery through cross functional teams
- Experience in multi-tasking, being able to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, able to work quickly and under pressure
- A team builder with a passion for excellent customer delivery
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and fostering creativity to develop and improve customer propositions
- Strong commercial acumen as evidenced by track record on commercial decision making
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Growth and Retention Bundles Senior Manager R9920546’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.