Business Development Manager, South Region
PH Jones is a thriving heating, electrical and renewable technologies contractor, owned by British Gas, specialising in the social housing sector. We operate nationwide with a passion for service excellence and safety. PH Jones is a diverse organisation and is proudly leading the market in many areas, excelling in health and safety which is our number one priority, and providing great customer service. As part of British Gas, PH Jones provides significant career opportunities and our appetite to develop people in the organisation means that your talent has no boundaries.
Since its formation in 1963, PH Jones has continued to grow through the provision of excellent customer service, high quality delivery, an unrivalled focus on customer care and now employs over 600 staff.
The acquisition by British Gas in 2011 opened the next chapter in the company’s history, expanding the British Gas footprint in the market and bringing a new range of exiting products and services to PH Jones.
Today we work with social housing clients providing a wide range of building and engineering services across the social housing sector, maintaining over 190,000 properties nationally.
Due to ambitious growth plans, PH Jones is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to proactively uncover and develop client relationships and build our brand presence in the market. This is a rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate sales person to excel with the support of a FTSE 100 owned company.
- Location: Home Based covering the South Region
- Permanent position
- Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
- Benefits: Company vehicle, laptop & smart phone plus a range of employee benefits and discounts
What will you be doing?
Your main purpose will be to identify suitable sales opportunities by contacting potential clients, discovering and exploring how our contracting solutions best meet their needs. You’ll be expected to always champion the customer in the delivery of the experience.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Nurture and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure delivery of the sales plan
- Develop and maintain customer account plans that capture strategic goals, tactics and activity
- Provide innovative solutions to influence clients, leveraging the wider British Gas brand and propositions as appropriate
- Close new business deals by coordinating clients requirements, negotiating commercial terms and aligning contract requirements to operational delivery
To be great in this role you will have demonstrable experience of successful business development.
In addition you will:
- Be self driven to thrive in a fast paced sales environment
- Work with a passion for exceeding sales targets
- A strong communicator who is confident presenting customer solutions at a senior level
- Able to adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving, sharing a common goal of offering the right solution to the client whist generating value to the business
- Good all round IT skills
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Business Development Manager, South Region R9920560’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.