Reporting to the production foreman, the plant operator will be responsible for all aspects of gas plant operations. Conducting themselves in a safe and effective manner and contributing to a safe working environment for Centrica Energy (CE). You will support the lead operator & foreman and liaise with departments including health and safety, construction, environmental, engineering, and maintenance to ensure that all activities and personal are in compliance with CE Standards, programs and applicable government regulations.
The primary process at the Ferrier Gas Plant is a Lean Oil absorption system, which strips the propane, butane and pentane from the inlet gas. Ferrier also produces a heavy condensate called FX-2 which is used in drilling and well servicing. The plant design is 3168 e3m3/day raw inlet gas and 650 m3/d raw condensate. The Propane and Butane product is pumped 14 km south of the plant to the Lochearn loading facility where it is sold by rail and truck. There are 6 major inlets, 4 of which consist of mainly 3rd party gas. The field consists of both oil and gas wells belonging to Centrica and other companies.
This is a full time operator position based out of the Ferrier Plant
- Assist the Lead Operator & Foreman in managing the day to day operations of the facilities, including audits, inspections and associated corrective actions
- Maintain processing reliability and product quality in the plant while optimizing production volumes
- Prepare equipment for maintenance in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitor equipment and process parameters
- Monitor equipment and ensure equipment and facilities are maintained by completing minor maintenance or by initiating repairs and service through the use of EMPAC CMMS
- Assess safety procedures/compliance and act accordingly and assist in maintenance of current operating procedures
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Issue safe work permits and prepare equipment for maintenance in compliance with all CE rules, guidelines, policies and procedures including flare reporting and near miss/event reporting.
- Maintain accurate daily equipment logs, records, production readings and all electronic reporting formats
- Demonstrate and uphold all of CE’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the operation of company assets
- This is position is a 12 hour rotating shift with 24/7 coverage for this facility
- Intermediate level of experience as a production operator in a plant environment
- High school diploma required
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead others and foster a high safety standard
- Possess the skill set of being a self-starter
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- Certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG
- Ability to shift priorities and focus to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems
- Relevant industry certification and/or training considered an asset
- Preference will be given to individuals with post-secondary education or trade background (I&E/Mechanical)
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in the operation of sweet gas plants
- Fourth Class Power Engineering Certificate, with preference given to those holding a Third Class
- Must possess strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Candidate must reside within 30 minutes of the facility for safety and reliability reasons.
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.