The primary role the Retention Analyst is to assist the US Annuities Commercial team in managing and influencing the performance of Direct Energy’s annuity product portfolio consisting of home warranty and protection plans by focusing on the mitigation of customer attrition. The Retention Analyst will enhance the understanding of the segment and its value drivers through analytics, sales forecasting, customer segmentation, management reporting and decision support activity. The position requires a strong financial background, business acumen, understanding of marketing, analytical skills and the ability to work cross functionally.
This key contributor role will report to the US Annuity Retention Manager focusing on annuity products in selected markets and/or relevant channels including but not limited to Direct Energy Protection Plans (DEPP) and Home Warranty of America (HWA) and American Water Heater Rental (AWHR) contracts.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field. An advanced degree such as a MBA is strongly encouraged.
- Strong understanding of financial, marketing principles and commercial practices are required
- Demonstrated track record of achievement
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required. SQL experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze solutions and make recommendations to management
- Must be able to work with cross functional groups
- Teambuilding, networking and ability to communicate and drive results with people at all levels
v Contribute to the development and enhancement of renewal, billing and retention strategies across sub-segments of the US Annuities customer portfolio
v Provide primary decision support to the US Annuity Commercial team by preparing and contributing to ad hoc analysis to support decision making process
v Develop a deep understanding of the value drivers of the business
v Monitor retention campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement
v Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Operations and Product to manage retention pricing, products and strategy
v Work cross functionally with Sales and Marketing to optimize channels, campaigns and cross sell initiatives
v Monitor and analyze competitor activity relating to pricing and products to provide competitive intelligence for decision making
v Build and maintain effective business partnerships, maintain pulse on business performance issues and opportunities
v Monitor revenues and costs related to retention campaigns to ensure maximum profitability
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability