Sr. Analyst – ETRM Developer
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Reporting into the Manager - ETRM Support team, the role will have responsibility for application development on the Apollo platform. Apollo is an in-house custom built Natural Gas trading, risk management and billing system used at Direct Energy. Additionally the role will also require doing new development and enhancements to the tools used by the DE East Gas Front Office. Primary responsibilities include creating integration solutions for ETRM related data, design of custom code and projects related to Front and middle office modules in Apollo.
- Work closely with the Supply, Trading and Risk IT team, Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure groups to deliver integrated solutions, while adhering to DEU IT project management and software delivery standards
- Work with the team to translate business requirements into technical specifications and perform development tasks to deliver solutions
- Work independently or in a team, to design, code, test, document and debug programs of high complexity
- Perform code reviews
- Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced developers
- Technical lead on key Front and Middle Office IT solution projects
- Manage offshore team members on a daily basis.
- Be a part of the offshore status calls when required and work in collaboration with the offshore team after hours when needed.
- 6+ years of C# and .net development experience
- Experience with commodities trading required, Natural Gas will be a huge plus
- Experienced designing Integration solutions between disparate systems
- Experience with Trading, Scheduling, Risk management and Settlements
- Working knowledge of forward Curves, index settles and market data
- Experience with the Front and Middle office modules
- Experience with SQL or Oracle database technology
- Experience in Agile Programming Methodology is a plus
- Ability to design, code, test and debug software
- Experience with development tools (Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Experience with using source control software (TFS)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution (preferably in Computer Sciences, MIS or Mathematics)
- Provide coaching to less experienced team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detailed oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Provide optimal business system solutions from both a business and an IS perspective
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability