Category Specialist - IT telecom
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Category Specialist is an important role within the Global Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the Centrica business. The role works closely within the Procurement team and with internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role ensures Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Centrica business.
- At least 3-5 years of IT network, telephony, hardware and end-user computing procurement experience
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organization.
- Evidence of supporting a Category Manager through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
End-to-end Category Management
- In conjunction with and or with the agreement of the Category Manager, undertake category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans. Ensures value is maximized from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories. This includes working in conjunction with the Category Manager to create and implement category plans that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated.
External Market Expertise:
- Understand the technology and complexities of IT Network, Telecom, EUC and hardware categories and in support of the Category Manager, provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance.
- Source and procure a range of goods and services within the categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Identify opportunities for savings, in support of the Category Manager lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of IT goods and services negotiating with suppliers on commercial and contractual matters as needed and applying judgment as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
- Provide support to the Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market or other analysis.
Provide support to the Category Manager in reviewing of all circuit orders and telecom requests for services and confirm stakeholder management approval to proceed with requested orders.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text