Process Excellence Lead
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- BA/BS preferred
- 5+ years in Energy or related fields
- Knowledge of Process Excellence methods and methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Workout, Project Management Lean Practitioner, Green Belt a plus
- Good project management skills
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues
- Able to work independently, with a team and with all levels of the organization; interactions may include coaching, interviewing, workshop and meeting facilitation, training, surveys and presentations.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Leadership and change management skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- Performance Driven. Demonstrates a keen desire to continually learn and grow. Motivated by successes
- Must be willing to work in New Jersey, Pittsburg and Houston offices, as necessary (very flexible location schedule based on project priorities).
This position will lead process improvement projects and identifying process efficiency opportunities by analyzing metric trends and those opportunities & gaps identified throughout DEB and business partners.
Process Excellence and project management skills to support projects are essential for success in this role. The incumbent will structure projects from inception through completion, including defining project charter, determining approach, structuring solution design and creating an implementation plan which includes standard operating procedures (SOP) and monitoring & control to ensure sustainability.
Projects may also involve business unit partners throughout Direct and Centrica, at all levels of the organizations.
The position will coordinate and assist in department meeting planning, running the Project Management Office (PMO), maintaining transparency and communication within team Website, and Project and Metric Dashboards.
- Project Leader for small/medium scoped Projects and ad hoc projects with increasingly more scope, complexity and visibility to senior management
- Business Process Management (BPM) including mapping and SOP creation, identification of process improvement opportunities, and voice of customer interviews
- Maintain transparency and communication of team’s Sharepoint site, metric and project dashboards, databases and innovation idea hopper
- Meeting planning and materials preparation
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability