Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This individual will effectively communicate and interact with management and staff at all levels and possesses the ability to work in an efficient, professional manner. This individual requires a high level of responsibility, professionalism and judgment due to the highly confidential nature of the role. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative support to all members of the department as needed for administration functions. He/she will need to be adept at managing workflow across international locations and have experience in global organizations.
- Minimum 7 years supporting a senior executive in a corporate environment
- Ability to work for multiple executives
- Advanced proficiency and experience in all MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (experience in creating complex PowerPoint presentations would be an advantage)
- Advanced written composition and editing skills
- Solid listening and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to adapt to change and perform well in a fast-paced working environment
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Maintain effective schedule for the SVP, Human Resources.
- Manage emails and other electronic materials for the Executive (including responding and taking action)
- Arrange, plan and coordinate meetings and/or conference calls across multiple time zones for the Executive and team ensuring that all logistics are met (agendas, conference rooms, IT requirements, etc.)
- Participate in or Project Manage various corporate events with attendee size ranging from 25 - 200.
- Serve on Corporate Holiday Party Committee (approximately 1200 attendees annually)
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements (domestic and international), plan itineraries, support travel changes
- Create and manage PO’s in SAP
- Prepare and compose correspondence, both internal and external
- Process expense reports, including obtaining required approval and ensuring payment
- Organize and maintain departmental records and p-card usage following compliance guidelines
- Prepare materials for presentations and/or reports in the appropriate format from general instructions or rough outline
- Work with Facilities department to coordinate and manage moves, conference room bookings and mail distribution
- Keep track of all incoming invoices by creating purchase orders in SAP
- Coordinate interviews with internal/external candidates
- Organize HR team building/offsite events
- Communicate with various internal departments (both in the US and with the UK) to coordinate project and/or activities and liaise with external parties in administrative matters on behalf of the Executive
- Act as liaison and point-of-contact with various internal groups (Spectrum, Energizers, etc.)
- Liaise with other EA’s and Executives across all teams internally on a daily basis
- Occasionally research assignments pertaining to active projects
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability