Marketing Strategic Sourcing Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Category Manager Marketing (US) will be responsible for creating sourcing strategies in support of indirect spend categories for all marketing efforts. The Category Manager must be well versed in the strategic sourcing discipline and be able to translate that methodology into practical plans for addressing spend. Advanced stakeholder development skills and working well in an open team environment and fast paced setting will also be integral to success in this role. This role is that of an individual contributor.
• 5-10+ years of diverse strategic sourcing and negotiations experience, including category management responsibility for multiple indirect categories.
• Marketing category experience strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies
• Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
• Experience negotiator with working knowledge of terms and conditions, redlining, and dealing with Legal team to ensure lowest possible risk and best value terms for the company
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tools
• Project management experience
• Develop, implement and refine global sourcing strategies that result in enhanced value, revenue, breakthrough total-cost reduction and continuous improvement
• Proactively engage with business leaders and internal stakeholders to understand, create alignment and help achieve their business strategies and objectives.
• Conduct and interpret market-intelligence information.
• Perform industry, supply market and supply chain research/analytics.
• Uncover trends and best practices in category sourcing and outsourcing.
• Share knowledge, insight and advice in a way that contributes to long-term business strategies.
• Identify demand management opportunities and incorporate into appropriate strategies.
• Incorporate strategic sourcing methodology and tools that drive continuous improvement and optimize quality, cost, customer focus, innovation and relationship development within assigned categories.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text