BG33174 Head of Operational Analytics & Insight
The Head of Operational Analytics and Insight will support the functions in Customer Operations with data and insight requirements with a focus on improving operational performance, benchmarking performance against competitors. They will drive root cause analysis to understand demand drivers and reduce contact and will support the diagnostic phase of continuous improvement interventions.
- Develop and provide meaningful data insight and analysis to support operational performance, including meaningful and actionable insight and analysis
- Manage operational forecasting and data reporting, to support the rest of Customer Operations as they generate management business reports and similar governance material
- Support Optimisation in deep dive analysis around journey NPS and complaints data
- Provide a root cause analysis capability for Customer Operations, covering all aspects such as incoming failure demand and complaints, working with the interventions managers to reduce volumes
- Lead benchmarking of British Gas operational performance vs. other external organisations (energy and non-energy), including understanding new techniques and capabilities
- Lead delivery of an insight capability for the Credit and Collections team, looking at debt propensity modelling and associated metrics
- Work closely with similar teams in UK Homes and UK Field Operations, delivery of a central analytics and insight capability for Customer Operations
- Support the teams across Customer Operations with their data and insight requirements
- Manage the MAGIC tool and team, ensuring we run a series of insightful campaigns across the business and leverage the feedback received effectively
- Align the team’s skills and capabilities against business goals and objectives thereby ensuring that their work demonstrably creates value for the organisation
- Develop, engage and lead an effective team that is driven to deliver the business strategy and targets and one that strives for continuous improvement
- Using insight, contribute analysis and insight to help optimise campaigns and best next action capability
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to generate consistently accurate, useful analytics that translate into actionable insights which are commercial
- Demonstrable continuous curiosity and innovative uses of customer data
- Ability to think beyond the realms of current approaches and tenacity to challenge the status quo
- Ability to define solutions that generate measurable results for the business.
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects across several engagements while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver business goals with experience in managing complex budgets and third parties
- Ability to create compelling strategic plans, co-ordinate and lead the means of delivery in a cost-conscious and controlled environment to drive growth and profitability
- Confidence and creditability with highly developed communications to drive behavioural and performance improvement.
- Effective multiple stakeholder management - influencing and engaging diversely spread senior management teams and operational and commercial leaders
- Capable of facilitating and influencing strategic debate - effective negotiation skills
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
- Seeks out, learns from and transfers best practices internally and externally
- Ability to lead and engage large teams of people to achieve common goals
- Focus on strategic priorities, supported by detailed understanding of the commercial aims, objectives, trading performance, issues and opportunities and key drivers of British Gas, the external market place, Centrica and our customers
- Composure in highly stressful or adverse situations, employing reason-driven decision-making. Able to ask for help when needed
- Broad perspective, looking within and externally, to encourage and developing new and innovative ideas which will enhance the business
- Understanding of the need for change and embraces change positively, communicating the vision and facilitating others to work collaboratively. Seeks out opportunities to effect change to improve organisational performance
Additional Website Text