Salary £26,383 plus excellent benefits package
The field representative is responsible for visiting both commercial and residential properties. The purpose of the role is to collect outstanding debt owed to the company and secure appropriate future payment methods to prevent future debt build up, acting within industry, regulatory and company guidelines.
The role will be within the LL11 to LL77 postcode area North Wales and DY1-20 postcode applicants must either reside in the postcodes stated or within a 15 minute drive to this area.
If you are willing to relocate to the area please state this on your application. Please note that the cost of relocation will be the responsibility of the successful applicant
- Attend Magistrates / Sheriff Courts / JP to obtain Warrant of Entry
- Execute Warrant of Entry causing minimal damage and ensuring the property is left secure on completion
- Visit customers and agree appropriate resolutions based on circumstances and business needs
- Prioritise your own workload by age, geography and value to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Inspect pipe work, meters and related fittings to identify and prevent interference and safeguard supply of gas and electricity
- Identify tampering and illegal connection
- Responsible for the prompt and safe depositing of payments collected and accurate completion of documents
- Expert knowledge of various collection techniques and understanding of industry, regulatory constraints
- Be a champion of Health and Safety and continually challenge unsafe practices and processes
- Be computer literate as the need to use field technology is essential
- To have excellent networking skills, to work across both BGR, BGB, Offshore and the wider Field
- Able to be flexible geographically and provide operational cover as specified by the Resolution Manager
- Excellent understanding of regulatory, legal and industry constraints to debt collection activity
- Ability to work with and effectively manage the performance of various third party contacts i.e. police, courts, engineers and locksmiths
- Excellent verbal, numeric and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to analyse and summarise data
- Track record of delivering results and optimising performance
- Must hold a full driving licence
As you would expect from a company such as ours, a competitive salary is only the beginning, we offer a host of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. These include pension, share schemes, paid holiday and company discounts. British Gas gas is a leading energy company and part of Centrica, a top 30 FTSE 100 company, so there will also be plenty of opportunities for career progression.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Field Representative R9918428’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.