Indirect Tax Accountant / Advisor
- Assume responsibility for carrying out indirect tax compliance activities at a group functions level.
- Provide advice to group finance and business units on indirect tax matters.
- Consolidation, checking and submission of group VAT returns on a monthly basis.
- Preparation or checking and submission of individual company VAT returns where required.
- Preparation and submission of other indirect tax or consumption tax returns.
- Management of payments process, and provision of cash forecasting information
- Reconciliation of group VAT account balances.
- Provision of advice on indirect tax matters, as required.
- Degree level or professional apprenticeship.
- Professional qualification or appropriate experience (eg HMRC).
- Experience of working within VAT or other indirect tax accounting and reporting, ideally within a corporate environment.
- Excellent understanding and experience of indirect tax rules and accounting processes.
- Familiarity with SAP or similar systems.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain indirect tax principles to finance and business colleagues at all levels.
- Team worker, able to make positive and productive connections across all parts of the business.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing Indirect Tax Accountant / Advisor R9918627 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com