Head of Planning & Dispatch ( Franchise )
This is a critical role accountable for leading planning and dispatching for Franchise Team. The Head of Planning and Dispatch will lead, motivate and engage the Franchise Planning & Dispatch Team.
Accountable for the delivery of a first class and efficient service to both internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Manage the operational performance of a group of to ensure the successful delivery of the business strategy and objectives. Reporting directly to the Director of Planning & Dispatch within the UK Field Operations Team.
- Develop, engage and lead an effective management team that is driven to deliver the operational targets and business strategy and one that strives for continuous improvement
- Instill a customer focused culture and a right first time approach, driving and implementing strategies for volume growth and revenue generation and to improve the business operation and customer experience.
- Grow a high performing team, provide colleagues with a compelling vision and ensure effective leadership and management structures in place
- Develop long range business plans in line with strategic goals, working with the relevant business teams, to establish effective scenario and strategic long term planning models, long term is defined at 3 years
- Optimise the systems and structural set up including geographic boundaries and skill mix
- Work closely with field operations to ensure adequate resources are in each geographic area to deliver business plans
- Develop the appropriate contingency plans and flexibility to manage demand uncertainty and work with key stakeholders to ensure that the plans are implemented.
- Shape and drive the successful delivery of all transformation programmes within the business and develop a culture which embraces change.
- Ensure robust framework of operational controls to mitigate business and regulatory risk
- Ensure customer and people related information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records and comply with DPA and Centrica security policies.
- Ensure the appropriate review of information variance is undertaken including root cause analysis and development of mitigation plans covering people, processes, systems and metrics.
- Ensure the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures are adhered to so that each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to fulfill their role.
- Ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments.
- Liaise with commercial, finance and field operation teams to agree assumptions, targets and KPIs
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service.
- Customer service/operations management and liaising and collaborating with other areas of the business.
- Experience of leading large strategic change programmes and driving strategies, delivering step changes within the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of effective stakeholder management
- Expertise in analysing complex data sets and using insight to make effective decisions models
- Experience in leading teams and coaching/developing people
- Experience in field force optimisation and resource planning desirable
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to demonstrate strategic thinking and strong decision making
- Experience of Planning & Dispatch
- Experience of operating within a Franchise operation
- Travel may be required between offices including Staines, Leeds and Stockport
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: BG32701 Head of Planning & Dispatch ( Franchise ) (R9916089) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com