We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment Counsel to support our Lead Counsel for Employment in creating a high-performing cross-functional employment law team that is aligned to the business and people objectives of each part of the UK Group and provides commercially-focused risk-based specialist employment advice to all UK business units.
- Location Windsor
- Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
- To support Lead Counsel for Employment in delivering high quality employment law advice and support to Centrica UK Group companies.
- To advise and support Centrica HR and Employee Relations teams on the application of employment law to a range of day-to-day employment matters, including employee grievances, disputes, employment litigation.
- To liaise with external lawyers (UK and other) to deliver high quality, good value support and advice on a range of issues, including Employment Tribunal and Early Conciliation cases and immigration/visa support.
- To work with the Reward and HR Operations teams on a range of issues including changes to terms and conditions of employment and HR policies
- To support HR/Employee relations teams to build HR capability by providing education, training and support on relevant aspects of employment law.
- To support Lead Counsel in providing advice to Legal, M&A, Procurement and HR teams and to lead on non-contentious employment aspects of strategic business arrangements, including M&A transactions, tenders, outsourcings, reorganisations and redundancies.
- To role model high levels of customer awareness and engagement at work and outside it.
- To adhere to the Competence and Training procedures.
- Qualified lawyer with a UK or equivalent practising certificate.
- Private practice experience in employment law; In-house experience desirable
- Familiarity with employment elements of transactions (acquisitions/disposals/outsourcing).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to impact and influence positively.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex legal principles to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to apply employment law to complex commercial and operational matters and to provide pragmatic, advice to stakeholders.
- Effective stakeholder management and business partnering – internal stakeholders in HR partner and central teams, and procurement/M&A legal teams, and working in tandem with other specialist legal areas
- Technical employment law experience required to provide practical employment advice on employment issues ranging across contentious and non-contentious work
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nicole.Williamson@centrica.com typing 'Update required: Counsel Employment R9918866' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com